2.11.2011

Homesick

Just looked through Aaron Durand's photostream and got hella homesick. I'm SO SICK OF WINTER in this city like so done with it. I miss the sky. And Mexican food and dogs and green and bikes. In some ways winter is the best time at home because it is the only time when the hills are the most INSANE shade of green.

I was in Brooklyn last night and every time I go there I feel strange sense of relief. It's more "sketchy" as in things are dirty and there are empty lots in some places and sometimes things are run down but there are independent shops and cute houses and I feel more at home. In Manhattan, everything is so decided. Sometimes it feels like every square inch is already designated and done forever and nothing can change. Those inches are interesting inches with lots going on in them. But there is no room. There is no spontaneity of space.

Here are some photos by the brilliant Aaron Durand (also known as everydaydude):



2 comments:

  1. woah. yeah the weather here has SUCKED cause all this damn ice is everywhere from leftover snow and it was 60 today and i was like in heaven but it's gonna rain later this week and i wanna tell st louis to stop sucking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we've got okay weather down here, but there's no culture. It's like eating white bread and calling it life.

    ReplyDelete