Dear Mrs. Obama,
Hi. My name is Samsam. I am six years old and I live in Roxbury. I am in first grade at the Nathan Hale School. My favorite pet is a cat, but I don't have one. When I was a baby, I broke my arm. I jumped off of a window. I got better. I went to the doctor and they put a cast on me. It was so itchy.
I wonder how you could stop the war. A lot of people are getting killed. If a lot of people get killed, there will be no more people in some countries. Instead of fighting wars, we could be peaceful together and be nice instead of selfish. I don’ t know how we’ ll stop the war, but I want your help.
Sincerely,
Samsam Ismail, age 6
Boston
Dear Michelle Obama,
I am Isayas, and I wanted to tell you that English is a good language because it's easier to learn. And I want to ask you why do people make up weird names like hot dog or runny nose, or even smelly feet. Because a hot dog should be a dog that's hot and a runny nose should be a nose running, and a smelly foot should be a foot that has a nose on it. Do you get these? And do you have a nose on your foot?
Here are some jokes: What is a hissing cockroach’ s favorite subject in school? Hisssssssstory. What should you do to a blue elephant? Cheer it up! Why do brooms and vacuum cleaners think people are mean? Because they keep on pushing them. So, were they funny? Great!
Sincerely yours,
Isayas Bikila, age 9
Seattle
Dear Michelle Obama,
My name is Juan. I have two younger sisters, Michelle and Rachelle. Make the world better. Please bring me scary stories like the ones my teacher has. For example, a book full of scary stories that are very, very scary. Bring me a thing to put my books in because I have a lot of books and they are too heavy in my backpack. Please bring me a cute fish, too, like the ones in Finding Nemo — the movie.
I want to be a teacher when I grow up because I want to teach other kids things they like learning, like how to take a test. When I am at school and it is recess time I like to play with my friends. My favorite colors are blue, brown, and yellow. Next year I will be going to the third grade. In the third grade I am going to learn very fast because I will practice the tests very fast, but sometimes I get some answers wrong. I know I can do better than that. My favorite food to eat is pepperoni pizza because it tastes very, very, very, very good and smells yummy.
Thank you,
Juan Benitez, age 7
San Francisco
Very sweet! Children say the cutest things!
ReplyDelete