9.22.2009

There is something about California and Californians.

I am actually weirded out by the ratio of Californians to non-Californians within my friends. Obviously the people I knew from before... but twelve of the people I see most often are Californians. Which is literally almost everyone. MORE PROOF THAT IT'S THE BEST PLACE EVAR. Also last week in Classical Myth the professor was talking about the Greek Golden Age, which was a glorious time where fruit and grain just sprang out of the earth and there were no seasons. She said, "basically it's like California."

The number of times I've watched the E40 video for Tell Me When To Go is rather absurd. It is the perfect demonstrative hyphy video, and when you get a group of Bay Area kids together you are bound to start talking about it. The BEST is the response of other people when you try to explain. Yooni and Natalie ended up drawing some thizz diagrams for one kid.

The biggest thing I'm feeling that's different is a sense of actually belonging somewhere and having an identity. When you are in the Bay Area, obviously it's not a huge topic of discussion since everyone is just there. Here, there's almost a sense of "patriotism" as Ehsan put it. For a non-religious white girl, it's kind of nice to be part of a distinct group if that makes sense. Are you guys feeling a similar thing?

OK Get ready for photo overload because I couldn't decide which were my favorite photos of California:






















1 comment:

  1. heheehehe the one of chiapet made me smile the biggest :D

    ReplyDelete