2.24.2009

Moldy Peach

Adam Green is half of the Moldy Peaches (other half being Kimya Dawson). I always read Adam Green's blog because it's really amusing and whimsical. His crazy spelling is funny and his description of his life is so surreal and over the top that you begin to wonder how much of it could be true. I was pretty weirded out to check it just recently and read him talking about his visit to "the uber-chic set of Gossyp Gyrl." I thought, oh Adam and his rants about being kidnapped, being on a German reality-show, his long-lost son, etc. But then he had pictures of him with the actors and I thought, WHAT is going on here? This kid is seriously indie not to mention psycho. He did get some recognition from Juno, but that's pretty weird. Kimya Dawson's solo career has taken off more than his has I think. He (and the Moldy Peaches) are in the genre "anti-folk," which is pretty great.

So I go to google and I find out he will make an appearance on the show in a minor part... weird. I found this quote from him: "I tried to order some liquor, because that's what I do, but it was intercepted by the producer, who totally chewed me out and told me it was a non-drinking set, and how dare I order alcohol. It was crazy. He told me how unprofessional it was that I'd done that, as if I was a naughty boy. He said it would affect my performance. Isn't that ridiculous? So he confiscated my liquor and kept it up in the office, and meanwhile all I wanted was a bottle of whiskey."
My Shadow Tags On Behind - Adam Green
Dance With Me - Adam Green

You Love Me - Kimya Dawson


Jorge Regula - Moldy Peaches
Who's Got the Crack? - Moldy Peaches
(This song is so great. Claire had this as her ring tone for a while.)

No comments:

Post a Comment