2.16.2009

yyy/metric


SO. GREAT.

I just went on a rampage and watched a million yeah yeah yeahs' youtubes. I officially adore Karen O. My life goal is to see them live. LUCKILY, I might not have to wait long (as long as I don't go to college in Ohio or somewhere) because they have a new CD out April 14, It's Blitz! That exclamation point is part of the title. The album art is pretty kick ass.

To make matters even more ridiculous, Metric's new album, Fantasies, is being released on the same day. The planets are aligning. 4/14 is going to be a good day. 14 is also this weirdly lucky number in my family. My birthday, my brother's birthday, my parents' anniversary, my dog's birthday. Emily Haines is my second love. The acoustic version of Help, I'm Alive is beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the Yeah Yeah Yeahs a few years ago at the Warfield. Best live band evaaah! No one went with me even though I had extra tickets. People are hellza lame. They would rather take APs and go to prom than see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WOULD HAVE GONE!! The comparison between the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and prom is just not even a decision. Talk about hellza lame. They have to be going on tour soon though, and this time nothing will stand between Karen and me.

    ReplyDelete