4.26.2010

who wants to go to this with me??

Laurence Miller Gallery (w 57th st btwn 5th & 6th aves)
They have Philippe Halsman's jumping photos! There will be time before we leave, right?


Edward Steichen
Jayne MansfieldDuke and Duchess of Windsor

So fun. They also appear to have another artist names Fred Hertzog, whose photos are very Hopper-esque.

I'm reading the French Constitution. Did you know that they don't ideologically recognize the idea of minority? The concept of equality is so central that to admit difference is to deconstruct the indivisible nation. My original response was, damn they're really deluding themselves. I think it's actually sort of fascinating. How different the U.S. is. We are completely founded on the idea of difference. I'm reading about this in the context of language. France won't recognize regional dialectal languages because of the supposed political threat. Or they just value civil participation to an extreme, which requires a common language for everyone. They do have a point. It was completely unrelated that I just got a craving for a good loaf of bread. Shit. I've had enough bagels.

Lastly, been listening to this a lot: Native Korean Rock. Karen O why do you do this to meeee

1 comment:

  1. Your paper topic sounds way more interesting than mine. I am jealous.

    Things I am now craving, thanks to you:
    -bread
    -silly photography
    -MOTHERFUCKING AZN GUMMIES BEYOOOTCH HOW CAN YOU TEASE ME LIKE THIS?!?!?

    ReplyDelete