4.09.2010

You would think the NYPD would have more pressing causes than some college brats in togas. And yet.

Fell into an uneasy sleep. Had a weird dream:

My brother and I went to city underground and I started yelling at the guido guy who then had a wife who was there. We paid 180 for both of us and then the wife asked for 20 more to make matzah ball soup for her family. We gave her 20. They gave us laminated newspaper clippings. Then we grabbed a wad of twenties from them and ran out. We were running down the street and I told Max we needed to hail a cab because otherwise they would be able to follow us. We hopped into one of those black ones you're not supposed to take. Max started eating two of the bills, which turned into saltines. I said 100th and broadway because I didn't want it to be too much money and I didn't know how much we had now that Max just chowed down on $40. The cab driver obviously thought we were tourists. We were driving and driving and then we were in the San Fernando mountains and we were looking at housing being built that had crazy modern architecture that looked really unstable. Then the cab driver asked us if we wanted to go to Target because there was one right off of Columbus.

Another part of the dream. I was with Yooni and we were in Starbucks and for some reason she was demanding a refund for something and arguing with the guy who worked there. I was sampling dried fruit. I ate a date and an apricot. Then I took a bite of a dried strawberry but little white worms were crawling out of it. Yooni ended up getting a bunch of free stuff. Then, as in real life last night, I saw the Terren doppelganger Rebecca on 116th on the east side of Broadway. Unlike in real life, I started talking to her and she invited us to come with her somewhere. We suddenly were in a small room and we met her friend Kat and she was really nice and we became friends.

Then I was back on the street in front of Lerner on the east side of broadway. My phone had a specific song as a ringtone that I can't remember right now. I struggled to get it out of my pocket and then the screen was so bright that I ran into some people walking toward me. My phone fell and I missed the call. Then I spent a long time trying to figure out how to turn the brightness down. I think what happened then was that I dreamed that I was lying in bed and I looked at my phone and I had a missed call and a text message from Nicole that said Is it ironic if I don't wear a shirt to the black hearts party?

Such a weird dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment