1.16.2009

Beating and Being Beaten

François-Marie Banier, Natalia Vodianova, David Lipman.
A fantastic Diane von Furstenburg campaign from a few months ago.
DVF

Right now I am avoiding any sort of studying, which is not not not good. I've been thinking a lot about fashion lately. I was going to post an extensive observation, but then I stopped myself for now. But expect that soon. The cool bohemian retro things are becoming so mass marketed that what was original no longer is. I realized this when I saw two girls at school wearing the EXACT same outfit on two different days. And then the super edgy weird things are sort of boring in their contrived originality. I'm in a pessimistic mood right now.

I went to Tilden Park with my dog and a pit bull puppy started chasing her around and she got freaked out and started barking. I hate to typecast breeds, but what is it about pit bulls? Maybe it's the type of person that wants to have them. The guy was trying to control his dog and he was like, "come here Uno, ima beat the shit outta you later."

Here's my beating shit playlist.




Get a playlist!
Standalone player
Get Ringtones

4 comments:

  1. You think seeing two girls wearing the same outfit is bad? There are freshman girls with the same clothes as me. Epic fail. We should all just dress like Lady Gaga, rain or shine: http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/31404722.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should say, though, that I think I am the only guy who the freshman-girl thing applies to. Originality prevails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last comment, I promise (maybe I need to read more carefully): DVF is a boss. She uses patterns well. I don't know how I know this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you know about DVF! (Well, maybe more people do now thanks to ANTM.) Those painted/scribbled on photos are unbelievably cool. I want one.

    Well, I didn't really want to rat on specific people on the internet, but that freshman Kai Wilson and Rhea were both wearing those American Apparel skirts with the pockets, tights, moccasins, American Apparel hoodies, and patterned scarves. I was like wtf. And then I started to notice a lot of people on the street wearing similar variations.

    I'm pretty sure I've shown you this website before, but you should read http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com . That Lady Gaga outfit is exactly the thing they would have a field day with.

    ReplyDelete