10.02.2009

The blog is turning into my college rants...

Some people are so fuckin loud I want to storm around like an angry librarian. It doesn't help that the girl next door has a boyfriend at Columbia who lives here now sometimes. His voice is deeper so I can hear it through the walls. He was just singing "Piece of Me." It is 2 am. Now she is crying ("I just don't know what's going to happen"). He is also probably about 7 feet tall. He is literally taller than the door. Our bathroom is officially co-ed which startled me a bit yesterday when he head was above the stall. Not exaggerating. Ahh dorm life.

Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays are the noisy nights when people come back from wherever they went. My room faces the main housing Quad and it gets stuffy so I often have the window open. Even with it closed though voices seriously echo. Which is awkward for the couples that don't realize that hundreds of people could technically hear their conversation. I think that's sort of funny. My main beef is with loud drunk girls who are laughing at 2 am and keeping me up. My floor is noisy too but I think it's mostly not due to drunkenness. It's because the hall looks so empty they forget that people are sleeeeping. I don't know I guess I'm very disillusioned with "college party culture." It's just so weird. Sure some aspects are fun but I think (especially for Freshmen) it's mostly awkward and cliché. Hahahaha the only technical college dorm party I went to I was literally tricked into going. Needless to say, that was not a good idea.

Next problem with dorm life. There is no roof. So it's raining right now. And I can't hear it on the roof. Not okay with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment