Since everyone else has posted this photo, I will post it too. Good logic, right?
This photo makes me sad and happy at the same time.

photo by devin
Spontaneity, bodies, music, friends, heat..
The list goes on.
I was just catching up on Gossip Girl (don hate) and what Joan Didion says about New York is so true. (OH shit GG and Didion in the same sentence! btw, Chuck is dead?? not watching next season.) On the West Coast, New York is a mythic place. No one actually lives there; it's Xanadu. Media images only confirm that. That's why it's so easy to romanticize it. Honestly, I think California is the same for people on the East Coast. It's pretty weird actually living in both places. So much history and culture separates them, not to mention physical distance. So I miss California when I'm in New York and New York when I'm in California. Starting to think it's all part of the human condition.
Thank god I have amazing friends in both places.
It scares me that people in other countries might think that America is like Gossip Girl or Sex and the City.
ReplyDeleteAlso CHUCK LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES! (He'd better...)
ReplyDelete