
Aaand I have discovered that I can put flowers and other things in the band. Why did I not think of that before?!
Even the sun-clouds this morning cannot manage such skirts.
Nor the woman in the ambulance
Whose red heart blooms through her coat so astoundingly--
A gift, a love gift
Utterly unasked for
By a sky
Palely and flamily
Igniting its carbon monoxide, by eyes
Dulled to a halt under bowlers.
O my God, what am I
That these late mouths should cry open
In a forest of frost, in a dawn of cornflowers.
- Poppies in October by Sylvia Plath
hehe i put feathers in hats
ReplyDeletetehe i will ask my mommy the plant biologist
ReplyDeleteI don't know much about botany, but I, too have a very important hat-related question.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Last+Straw+Hat+in+Gold ?
(this would not be a question if this stupid HAT did not cost $30. I could buy a shirt with $30. Gaaah.)
30 isnt that much. so cute!!
ReplyDeleteit looks like baby's breath? i don't know...
ReplyDeleteIt's lilac :)
ReplyDeleteyay! thank you!
ReplyDelete