Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Even the sun-clouds this morning cannot manage such skirts.
Nor the woman in the ambulance
Whose red heart blooms through her coat so astoundingly--
A gift, a love gift
Utterly unasked for
By a sky
Palely and flamily
Igniting its carbon monoxide, by eyes
Dulled to a halt under bowlers.
O my God, what am I
That these late mouths should cry open
In a forest of frost, in a dawn of cornflowers.
- Poppies in October by Sylvia Plath
HEY i found out about dum dum girls from the currents at the school radio station! cool! you know them too/ probably knew them long before.
ReplyDeleteand yay i found your blog!
I love them! That washed out shoegaze-y sound is perfecto for summer. I just found out about them recently on last.fm I think. Best Coast is sort of similar and also good. I made a playlist of this sort of music here: http://poppies-in-october.blogspot.com/2010/05/blissed-out-buzz-saw.html
ReplyDeleteMy dad scheduled a trip to visit relatives leaving on Wednesday though so I can't go to this show. So bummed!
bummer.
ReplyDeletebut jeez you have amazing taste in music!!!!
best coast!!
Beach House
Neon indian
Wavves
toro y moi
etc. etc.
jeez.!! we should go to another concert!!!